• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Locationoklahoma
  • Character:Ninja
  • Archetype:Sage/Truthseeker
  • Powers & Abilities:Rationalizing
  • Treasure Chest :Apache Helicopter

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

Carl sagan was a genius! He got me interested in science and light. Now we have prof. Brian cox. I <3 prof. Brian cox! He portrays the wonder of science, and his love of science in his speeches! I wish I could comprehend and retain the knowledge these men (along with a few others) have.
You may think I'm crazy but Bruce Lee also had an awesome perception on conciousness. "Be formless, shapeless, like water."
<3 these guys who open doors, then ignite a curiousity that keeps me questioning and searching for answers.
"Be water, my friend."

#2 Corvus

Corvus

Master

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Character:Demon
  • Powers & Abilities:Debating
  • Treasure Chest :Female sex slave

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

I'd prefer if you stick to discussing actual science in this forum - unless you want to discuss math or history. Sure, appreciating the great minds of the past few centuries is nice, but appreciating what they did is much better. If I go on to do something important, I'd prefer if people talk about and built upon what I did, rather than sit around talking about me.

So... What exactly have these people done? What have they discovered or invented? Tell me more!

This message is brought to you by Kurushimi; Proud member of the Order of Ero and the Penis Posse.

So according to blackpearl, my new name is "My Little Pony". I can live with that.

#3 slykatt

slykatt

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Locationoklahoma

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

Carl sagan brought astronomy to a comprehensive level for many who otherwise wouldn't understand therefore wouldn't care. Prof brian cox is making the connection between the universe and our own biological makeup. He is also pioneering quantum theory which he is helping turn from theory to fact. And finally bruce lee's physical abilities were a phenomenon. He tried to explain the best he could the mind-body connection, which i consider scientific. Plus its bruce lee! Come on!

I assumed being a science forum people would at least know who carl sagan was. My mistake

#4 Corvus

Corvus

Master

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

I did not say "I do not know who these people are."

I said "Let's discuss their actions instead."

You see, we're on a science forum. I'd prefer to discuss science over scientists.

This message is brought to you by Kurushimi; Proud member of the Order of Ero and the Penis Posse.

So according to blackpearl, my new name is "My Little Pony". I can live with that.

#5 slykatt

slykatt

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Locationoklahoma

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:23 AM

Gotcha. I can't type as fast as my mind is thinking. Guess i got lost in my appreciation. :) i catch myself rambling a lot. My apologies

#6 Corvus

Corvus

Master

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:23 AM

Not a problem. How about quantum theory? It was invented back in the late 1800's by Max Planck. According to this theory, light moves in packets, or "quanta". Higher frequencies carry more energy, and are thus bigger "packets".

Anything to add?

#7 slykatt

slykatt

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Locationoklahoma

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

I am FANCINATED by it, but I'm still learning. :)

I am FANCINATED by it, but I'm still learning. :)

#8 atrox

atrox

Mangna Atrox

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • LocationAmerica's armpit (NJ)
  • Character:Wizard
  • Treasure Chest :Cup of Coffee

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

schrodinger's cat is fun.

solar_spect.gif

the First Mate of the Navis Liquoris of the No Hope Privateers: "To life, love, and loot"

Science, FSM, Plunder and Ponies

#9 Corvus

Corvus

Master

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

You know, Schrödinger's cat was intended as a mockery of quantum theory.

#10 atrox

atrox

Mangna Atrox

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

You know, Schrödinger's cat was intended as a mockery of quantum theory.

i did not, but it makes one think.  satire has really changed the world, like daylights savings time was started by ben frank commenting about how early the french went to sleep.  they should change their clocks to save money on candles or something like that.

back to the cat, duplicity of two states until observed, therefore conscious defines reality, right?  so wouldn't consciousness in some form predate everything we know of, if thats the very thing that creates it?

solar_spect.gif

the First Mate of the Navis Liquoris of the No Hope Privateers: "To life, love, and loot"

#11 Corvus

Corvus

Master

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

i did not, but it makes one think.  satire has really changed the world, like daylights savings time was started by ben frank commenting about how early the french went to sleep.  they should change their clocks to save money on candles or something like that.

back to the cat, duplicity of two states until observed, therefore conscious defines reality, right?  so wouldn't consciousness in some form predate everything we know of, if thats the very thing that creates it?

I'm not sure. Consciousness shouldn't be necessary for reality, so I suspect "observation" means something else when pertaining to quantum theory.

#12 atrox

atrox

Mangna Atrox

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

I'm not sure. Consciousness shouldn't be necessary for reality, so I suspect "observation" means something else when pertaining to quantum theory.

me either, i just think its fun to think about...

sometimes i try to imagine my self in 4 dimensions.  like imagine if you could see yourself everywhere and everywhen you've been. 

solar_spect.gif

#13 Corvus

Corvus

Master

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

4 spatial dimensions? Incomprehensible to me.

#14 Johnny

Johnny

Master of the Boobikans

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • LocationBKAC
  • Archetype:Opportunist
  • Powers & Abilities:Killing
  • Treasure Chest :A duplicate version of you

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

the 4th would be time...

this mean you see yourself at all times of your life with no respect for time...everywhere youve been...omnipresent within your own life...all your life in an instance

Proud member of the original Penis Posse 8==D~~ :lol:

#15 Corvus

Corvus

Master

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

the 4th would be time...

this mean you see yourself at all times of your life with no respect for time...everywhere youve been...omnipresent within your own life...all your life in an instance

We already live in 4 dimensions. 3 spatial and 1 temporal. There is no 4th dimension, but you can live in 4 spatial and 2 temporal dimensions. Pretty sure that's possible.