• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Character:Zombie
  • Archetype:Sage/Truthseeker
  • Powers & Abilities:Killing
  • Treasure Chest :A duplicate version of you

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

I'd prefer if you stick to discussing actual science in this forum - unless you want to discuss math or history. Sure, appreciating the great minds of the past few centuries is nice, but appreciating what they did is much better. If I go on to do something important, I'd prefer if people talk about and built upon what I did, rather than sit around talking about me.

So... What exactly have these people done? What have they discovered or invented? Tell me more!

Youre such a douche Abe..... Its not your fucking forum... you are not a moderator.... you dont get to dictate what other people say, or do, or post..... just stop.... I realize that this is the only realm where you feel like you have some semblance of control.... but knock it off... it makes me want to bitch slap you...

your information is stale bud... so stop using its rhetoric like the bible, and holding it over everyones head... 

#17 Corvus

Corvus

Master

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Character:Demon
  • Powers & Abilities:Debating
  • Treasure Chest :Female sex slave

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

Youre such a douche Abe..... Its not your fucking forum... you are not a moderator.... you dont get to dictate what other people say, or do, or post..... just stop.... I realize that this is the only realm where you feel like you have some semblance of control.... but knock it off... it makes me want to bitch slap you...

your information is stale bud... so stop using its rhetoric like the bible, and holding it over everyones head... 

What information? What rhetoric? You need to be more specific here, I have no idea what you're trying to say (beyond the whole "fuck off" part). Do you honestly believe you own this forum any more than I do?

Sure, I don't own this forum. Sure, I'm not a moderator. But neither are you, so there's no argument from authority. With that in mind, what you say has to have merit on its own, and it doesn't.

This message is brought to you by Kurushimi; Proud member of the Order of Ero and the Penis Posse.

So according to blackpearl, my new name is "My Little Pony". I can live with that.

#18 Bobbybird

Bobbybird

You can call me Massah...

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Character:Zombie
  • Powers & Abilities:Killing

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

well I see you running around trying to tell everyone what to do..... thats not fun, or entertaining.... nor does it make anyone like you, or this site more... if anything... Its going to make people {with less character} feel dumb for not abiding by "your" imaginary displaced entitlement... and false authority.... Im not trying to hijack your thread... I just think you need to CALMONDOWN..... its not a big deal if a thread gets derailed, or gets off topic... between the "elite" group/ and or moderators.... It WILL get handled... no need to nitpick and bitch... just let people have fun..

What Sly said was really cool.... and I just think you demeaned the entire statement {whether intentionally or not} by saying that Carl Sagan is not "Sceince"..... It doesnt need to be organized to your liking.... free for all is much better anyways... much more accessible... much more natural... look at "ask and tell" that ones my favorite BECAUSE it constantly skirts the format for more "in depth" discussion....

when you try and correct people, and try to make them conform to your standards {by telling them what to do} it scares them... and stigmatizes this beautiful community, that we have ALL built together....

#19 Corvus

Corvus

Master

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

I see that you do have a point, and I apologize to you as well as the OP for not realizing I've made such a mistake.

However, I still hold that unless you're doing anthropology or biology, people are not science. Oh, and neurology. I did not intend to call it a bad thread, only a misplaced one.

This message is brought to you by Kurushimi; Proud member of the Order of Ero and the Penis Posse.

So according to blackpearl, my new name is "My Little Pony". I can live with that.

#20 Inyourendo628

Inyourendo628

Novice

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationState of Confusion
  • Character:Pirate
  • Archetype:Jester/Joker
  • Powers & Abilities:Giving Advice
  • Treasure Chest :Personal Assassin

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

i did not, but it makes one think.  satire has really changed the world, like daylights savings time was started by ben frank commenting about how early the french went to sleep.  they should change their clocks to save money on candles or something like that.

back to the cat, duplicity of two states until observed, therefore conscious defines reality, right?  so wouldn't consciousness in some form predate everything we know of, if thats the very thing that creates it?

Shrodinger's Cat was a thought experiment meant to depict the wave function and the effects it has on the world. It was also used to explain what became the Multiverse theory. Think, "Tree falls sound yes no?" things. When you look inside the box where the poor cat is, either A. you have a very VERY pissed off cat, or B. You have dinner for the evening. This is achieved through collapsing the wave function by observing the effects that the poison gas had/didn't have on the cat.

Also, Benjamin Franklin can suck a dick. Douchecanoe made this damned DST bullshit and Arizona's like lolnope. IT'S A GARGANTUAN PAIN IN THE BALLSACK. Fuck farmers biological clocks (kindly after dinner, of course. Those guys make eating happen.), and fuck the police because I like saying fuck.

One more thing you all should look into: the real start of the inklings of quantum mechanics was with Thomas Young's double slit experiment. He was just trying to piss on Le Fermat's Final Light Theory, and successfully created an entire field in later years after he was long dead. Hooray life being a bitch!

"I can do both [booty calls, and looney calls]. It's like "Hey girl, knock knock!" *who's there?* "SQUID MICE! IT'S A NON SEQUITOR!" And then their clothes fall off."

I teach people shit. Music shit. Yeah.

#21 Corvus

Corvus

Master

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:40 AM

Shrodinger's Cat was a thought experiment meant to depict the wave function and the effects it has on the world. It was also used to explain what became the Multiverse theory. Think, "Tree falls sound yes no?" things. When you look inside the box where the poor cat is, either A. you have a very VERY pissed off cat, or B. You have dinner for the evening. This is achieved through collapsing the wave function by observing the effects that the poison gas had/didn't have on the cat.

Also, Benjamin Franklin can suck a dick. Douchecanoe made this damned DST bullshit and Arizona's like lolnope. IT'S A GARGANTUAN PAIN IN THE BALLSACK. Fuck farmers biological clocks (kindly after dinner, of course. Those guys make eating happen.), and fuck the police because I like saying fuck.

One more thing you all should look into: the real start of the inklings of quantum mechanics was with Thomas Young's double slit experiment. He was just trying to piss on Le Fermat's Final Light Theory, and successfully created an entire field in later years after he was long dead. Hooray life being a bitch!

Schrödinger's Cat was made to mock quantum physics, and ended up explaining it.

Quantum mechanics started with Max Planck, who was studying light to produce a more efficient light bulb.

#22 atrox

atrox

Mangna Atrox

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • LocationAmerica's armpit (NJ)
  • Character:Wizard
  • Powers & Abilities:Rationalizing
  • Treasure Chest :Cup of Coffee

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

ben frank was flamboyant but not gay. and people been farming for the last 100,000 years.  way before time existed (as an idea).

ben frank was way cool, he made a shit load of stuff we use now.

http://www.ehow.com/...inventions.html

also i thought the study of tiny things started in ancient Greece.  the idea of elements making up all of matter.  like fire earth wind and water.

people really thought there where tiny particles of earth wind fire and water in different ratios made everything.

solar_spect.gif

the First Mate of the Navis Liquoris of the No Hope Privateers: "To life, love, and loot"

Science, FSM, Plunder and Ponies

#23 atrox

atrox

Mangna Atrox

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

4 spatial dimensions? Incomprehensible to me.

maybe this would help

solar_spect.gif

the First Mate of the Navis Liquoris of the No Hope Privateers: "To life, love, and loot"

#24 TeslaSavage

TeslaSavage

n00b

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Character:Vampire

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:36 AM

I kinda always figured there was 6 spacial dimensions...

No one ever says that, but that is how many I experience... so, /shrug.

There are the 3 that the term "spacetime" covers, and the 3 that is sometimes called "euclidean".

I'm fairly sure that in relativity, it is accepted that there are six dimensions too, even if no one comes right out and says it directly. Since you have to have a "reference frame" ie 3 euclidean dimensions to even be able to make sense of the way that spacetime warps (the other 3). That makes six spacial dimensions, and one time dimension.

So, essentially, X Y and Z axis each have a very similar duplicate axis, that overlaps it, with only sightly differing properties. One set is fixed and static, and the other set bends/contracts,warps etc by the presence of matter/energy.

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about though. That is just how I experience reality, for good or ill. So whatevs.

#25 atrox

atrox

Mangna Atrox

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

I kinda always figured there was 6 spacial dimensions...

No one ever says that, but that is how many I experience... so, /shrug.

There are the 3 that the term "spacetime" covers, and the 3 that is sometimes called "euclidean".

I'm fairly sure that in relativity, it is accepted that there are six dimensions too, even if no one comes right out and says it directly. Since you have to have a "reference frame" ie 3 euclidean dimensions to even be able to make sense of the way that spacetime warps (the other 3). That makes six spacial dimensions, and one time dimension.

So, essentially, X Y and Z axis each have a very similar duplicate axis, that overlaps it, with only sightly differing properties. One set is fixed and static, and the other set bends/contracts,warps etc by the presence of matter/energy.

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about though. That is just how I experience reality, for good or ill. So whatevs.

time is a spacial dimension, the fourth dimension, that's why people call it spacetime meaning all four dimensions as one idea. 

position in time is just as relevant as position in space.

if you where to go 1/2 year back in time and not change the position in space the earth would be on the other side of the sun.

solar_spect.gif

#26 kittylovely

kittylovely

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Character:Vampire
  • Archetype:Lover
  • Powers & Abilities:Giving Advice
  • Treasure Chest :Ounce of Weed

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

Spirit science <3

#27 LordAnon

LordAnon

Elite (Emerald Crown)

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • LocationCrossing the Wall
  • Character:Warlord
  • Archetype:Villain
  • Powers & Abilities:Ranting

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

I thought it was string theory that had the idea of a bunch of different.. Dimensions

#28 atrox

atrox

Mangna Atrox

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

you're a string!

solar_spect.gif