• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationRanchoCucamonga
  • Character:Ninja
  • Archetype:Hero
  • Powers & Abilities:Killing
  • Treasure Chest :Ounce of Weed

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

Okay I know wax is essentially weed. Baked or w/e but what really is the difference and the health risk??

1 thing I know is wax gets me higher way faster and boost up my tolerance way more. I prefer weed but how about you guys and gals?

#2 Error

Error

A Motherfucking Gentleman

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Character:Zombie
  • Archetype:Explorer
  • Powers & Abilities:Rationalizing
  • Treasure Chest :Armani Suit

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

I like the way wax feels when it's peeled off my skin. Otherwise I don't know what the Hell you're talking about.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing. - Konstantin Josef Jireček

#3 Stranger

Stranger

Master

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Locationunder your bed
  • Character:Warlord
  • Archetype:Ruler/Leader
  • Treasure Chest :Female sex slave

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

wax is almost pure THC. you make it through a process that strips it off the buds after theyre harvested. so its the difference between something like having a beer or drinking shine. but in terms of weed. I know quite a few people who prefer wax to weed now, as they don't need to smoke nearly as much and get exponentially higher. but you need special smoking apparatuses for it to smoke by itself. its considerably more expensive, at least here in the Midwest.

"I'm a simple man; I like dark-haired women, and breakfast food." -Ron Swanson

#4 Michael.WhoIsLikeGod?

Michael.WhoIsLikeGod?

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

Ohh it must be a california thing right now. Wax is going around everyone is smoking it, pretty much made from weed gets you alot higher and takes alot less to smoke (at 1st) to get you high. It's also knows as "dab" or imma go take a few dabs.

dab-article-main_0.jpg

wax is almost pure THC. you make it through a process that strips it off the buds after theyre harvested. so its the difference between something like having a beer or drinking shine. but in terms of weed. I know quite a few people who prefer wax to weed now, as they don't need to smoke nearly as much and get exponentially higher. but you need special smoking apparatuses for it to smoke by itself. its considerably more expensive, at least here in the Midwest.

Over here in cali $40 dollars or a lil more will get you a gram of it. I just feel kinda "sketch" smoking it, it seems alot more "unnatural" then weed.

#5 Stranger

Stranger

Master

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Locationunder your bed
  • Archetype:Ruler/Leader
  • Treasure Chest :Female sex slave

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

I think its like 50$/g here, so about the same. theres really not too much to it. im not sure how many methods there are for stripping it off the plant or what chemicals you can use to do that, but its something like 95% THC content. friends of mine said its like getting high for the first time after having smoked consistently for at least the last decade or longer. at this point in my life, im good on that lol

"I'm a simple man; I like dark-haired women, and breakfast food." -Ron Swanson

#6 wafflepudding

wafflepudding

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Character:Demon
  • Archetype:Villain
  • Treasure Chest :Assault Rifle

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

THC is what makes weed weed.  It's what gets you high and stuff.  But smoking weed compared to smoking wax is like doing opium to doing medical grade morphine.  So yeah.  Different.

-The purveyor of treats and goodies for all the nice boys and girls.

#7 Michael.WhoIsLikeGod?

Michael.WhoIsLikeGod?

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

THC is what makes weed weed. It's what gets you high and stuff. But smoking weed compared to smoking wax is like doing opium to doing medical grade morphine. So yeah. Different.

Yeah I know thc is what gets you high. But wax being so new ( at lest to me) I wonder if it has any different medical risk. It being man made in a sense.

#8 Bobbybird

Bobbybird

You can call me Massah...

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Archetype:Sage/Truthseeker
  • Treasure Chest :A duplicate version of you

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

WAX... or {Dabs} is quickly rising as a replacement for Weed.... Wax/ Shatter/ BHO/ PhO/ Co2/ Rick Simpson Oil/ Keif/ and Hash are a completely different market thats been popping up over the last 5 years.... Im in Wash. right now, and they just released the "Notes" regarding I502, and the legalization for the retail market.... one of the highlights was that concentrates will not be inducted into the retail market {although they probably wont be pushed out of the Med Market}... but that little piece of legislature is making decent waves, in the community of DABLIFE {which its loosely referred to....}

Many people use concentrates as an alternative to just regular old marijuana... Its almost as if "Concentrates" are the: "New Weed"... DABS get you REALLY high.... but its more of a clean feeling high than weed.... the science is relatively new {as is with the entire industry} but Dabs are {in a way} more economical than smoking weed, because; like someone mentioned above... Dabs are the Extracted, and Pressed THC biproduct of the plant.. all of the excess Plant matter is filtered out, leaving the THC/ THCA/ CBD/ CBN/ CBA/ Delta 9 THC/ and Delta 9 THCA, in their purest form....

for REAL medical patients... that means they can use this potency {with out the overwhelming Carbons of Smoke} to treat whatever may physically be ailing them....

Only Time will tell if DABS will take over the industtry regarding pots legalization.. but being kind of an insider of the movement, I can tell you that a LOT of people are cashing in ENTIRE crops to various laboratories, to turn their weed/ leaves/ and cuttings into concentrates...

I see in the future.... one market for concentrates.... one for industrial hemp....

and Weed being the equivalent of what METH is... to Cocaine.... {Cheap, Easy, and you can get it on almost any street corner}

#9 Bobbybird

Bobbybird

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

marijuana-mulching.png

chamber-thumb-575x768.jpg

941942_270053963140477_1565149081_n.jpg

Edited by Bobbybird, 20 May 2013 - 03:12 PM.

#10 Bobbybird

Bobbybird

• Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

I left a step out of there, but it wont let me edit for some reason.... theres also a vacuum purging, and a vacuum pressing thats 2 different laboratory machines... {kind of like "Casks" to make booze......

but the bottom picture... is some of the concentrates we have at the shop :D  

972028_269723929840147_1707585401_n.jpg

954712_265659766913230_1751868093_n.jpg

Edited by Bobbybird, 20 May 2013 - 03:17 PM.

#11 tk3000

tk3000

n00b

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMN
  • Powers & Abilities:Debating
  • Treasure Chest :Diamond Chain

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

Some of you are incredibly uneducated about marijuana....do you get your facts from films like Refer Madness and your douche bag D.A.R.E. officers?  Even wax is nothing more than an organic substance that has little to no adverse effects (unless you're that person that has no business trying it).  If you are on a blog asking if it will harm your health, go back to collecting Pokemon cards or whatever it is you do with your time and money.  Now that I got my trolling for the night done, I'm going to go smoke some wax. :jpejgdjn:  :padllbli:  :jpejgdjn:  :padllbli:  :jpejgdjn:  :ecooilfh:  :daeiafrf:  :masonic:  :blair:

#12 Anirudh

Anirudh

n00b

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationThane
  • Character:Pirate
  • Powers & Abilities:Rationalizing

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:57 AM

marijuana-mulching.png

chamber-thumb-575x768.jpg

941942_270053963140477_1565149081_n.jpg

Getting happy just looking at it

#13 Journey

Journey

Expert (Gold Badge)

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Powers & Abilities:Writing
  • Treasure Chest :Personal Assassin

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

O.O These pictures.....so all the members died and went to Heaven, then sent pictures back? Oooh....my preciousssssss.

"Those who can be made to believe absurdities can be made to commit atrocities" ~ Voltaire

#14 slackjaw

slackjaw

Elite (Emerald Crown)

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationYakima, WA
  • Character:Demon
  • Archetype:Innocent
  • Powers & Abilities:Giving Advice

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:32 AM

I think wax is fucking stupid. 

"an actual tree leaf?" 

"an actual tree leaf. I fucking shit a leaf." 

"that's amazing, and you should put that on your resume for perspective employment immediately" 

--Slackn'Strange

#15 Journey

Journey

Expert (Gold Badge)

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Powers & Abilities:Writing
  • Treasure Chest :Personal Assassin

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

I've never tried it. Done all kinds of weed treatments (making oil, vaporizer, baking with thc oil, yadda yadda) and I've never found anything I prefer to just smoking a joint.

"Those who can be made to believe absurdities can be made to commit atrocities" ~ Voltaire